Day +252 Post Bone Marrow Transplant

12813981_358973317606592_7852508459434016196_nDay +252: The IVIG infusion today went great. They got the vein right away and in less than 3 hours, we were done. Kiira kept her arm still and played with her remaining hand, so the IV stayed in place. We also met with the hematologist who told us we are going to start weaning CSA (immunosuppressant), starting tomorrow! This means in 3 months Kiira can join the world without a mask or covered stroller. So I’m marking my calendar for June 11th, which is just under a year of isolation for her and I can’t wait!

The hope is that taking her off CSA will allow the immune system to come up, and with it, the donor cells. The hematologist said she has seen it happen so it gave me hope. Also, if Kiira has not developed antibodies against the donor, we could request that they donate one more time if we want to try again. So we still don’t have a clear plan, but at least we have options.

Thank you so much for following our journey and your continued prayers and encouragement. We appreciate it more than words can say!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Time limit is exhausted. Please reload the CAPTCHA.